BDS, MDS, scope A Career counseling video . Dentistry career Advantage Disadvantages.
BDS , MDS career
BDS is one of the most popular and designated degree of dentists (doctors). The BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) is the only educational and professional programme of dental surgery in India. It is equivalent to the MBBS and owes the “Dr”domain. In the medical educational field, it is the second choice of the students after the MBBScourse.
In this course, the students are taught about the denture, dental problems and surgery. It is also a good job oriented degree programmes and various opportunities are available in the hospital, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturing industries.
Eligibility & Duration
The BDS is a 5 year (4 years academic education + 1 year mandatory internship) UG degree programme. This course can be pursued through full time and part time courses.
The BDS is one of the most sought courses after 12thin medical field. There are many reputed universities in India which are offering the BDS course.
The BDS course contains the basic subjects like human anatomy, physiology & biochemistry, dental material, prosthodontics, microbiology, embryology & histology, general & dental pharmacology and pathology, periodontics, pedodontics, orthodontics and dentistry.
n India its tough to settle early once you pass out.
these are the few choices you may have
1) work as a dental surgeon with some private clinic dental professional for some practical experience
but, its not a well paid job, and one usually feels like they are working more and are paid less many a times…
2) prepare for a JR.SHIP exam organised by some reputed Govt. hospitals, although we do get paid but it cannot last more than an year
3) prepare for PG., but again choose govt. pg over Private as they are expensive and in many pvt. colleges stipends are not given, post MDS however you have slightly better options available
4) Join any private hospital or ECHS , but you need minimum , 2-3 years experience for these two options in most cases
5) join any college or your own college as BDS staff
but again, low pay and less vacancies available mostly
6) so the best choice is get experience for a while from any where and sooner or later open your own practice, but as its a huge investment, take your time and some guidance before starting…still this is the most rewarding choice
7) You can also do health / hospital administration,but do it form a reputed place only.
#BDScareer #DentistCareer #NEETCounselling