Career Conversations: Kinesiology and Health Sciences
At this panel, professional representatives shared their personal career stories in the field of Kinesiology and Health Sciences, and provided tips and insight for this sector. This event took place on September 16, 2015 @ 103 Life Sciences Building.
Shachi Bhatt: Career Connections Ambassadors, Insurance Institute of Canada (IIC)
Neil Maki: Occupational Health & Safety Specialist, Humber River Hospital
Melissa Morin: Kinesiologist/Paramedic, Saint Elizabeth Healthcare/Region of Peel
Anthony Testa: Chiropractor, Precision Health & Wellness
At this panel, professional representatives from the insurance sector offered insight into the field and gave strategies and tips in regards to being a part of these firms.
Neil Maki Introduction – 00:14
Anthony Testa Introduction – 1:37
Melissa Morin Introduction – 3:50
Shachi Bhatt Introduction – 4:37
1: What is a typical day for your job? 6:02
2. What is the stress level for paramedics? 19:14
3. Advice and Job Opportunities? 20:49
4. How did you get into cardiac rehab?
5. Are business courses recommended for aspiring chiropractors? 38:29
6. What transferable skills are helpful to have? 39:10