How to get PR Visa to Canada Express Entry

Educational Credential Assessment Process


This video explains step-by-step the educational credential assessment (ECA) process for federal skilled worker (FSW) applicants.

The ECA process will help determine if a completed foreign educational credential is authentic and equivalent to a completed credential in Canada.

Applicants who have Canadian educational credentials do not need to get an ECA, unless they are also submitting a foreign educational credential in support of their application.

Note that the assessment of foreign educational credentials will not mean that FSWs will automatically find employment in Canada commensurate with their skills nor will it guarantee that they will become licensed to practice in a regulated occupation.

For more information about getting an ECA, visit and type “ECA” in the search box.

Closed captioning for this video, along with a transcript and downloadable versions, is available at

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.