The Canadian job landscape is changing. Will you be ready?
Windmill Microlending’s Trending Jobs Report can help you pursue work in a growing field where you live
Many industries and sectors, across Canada, are seeing big changes. There are labour and skill shortages, disruptive technologies and changing work expectations. The pace of change is rapid and growing. Are you and your career ready for these changes?
While no one can predict what the future holds, Windmill Microlending’s Trending Jobs Report uses recent labour market data to help you plan your career moving forward.
This province-by-province report is a resource to help new Canadians on their journey to achieve career success, growth, and opportunities.
The Canadian outlook
Despite the disruption caused by COVID-19, the Canadian economic outlook shows promise. As well, job recovery continues across Canada, despite labour and skill shortages.
The Conference Board of Canada projects economic growth to continue. This is due to rising vaccination rates across the country and growth in local economic activity as public health and travel restrictions ease.
Government of Canada job market research points to growth in these sectors across Canada:
- Information technology, and
- Natural resources extraction and production.
Trending jobs across Canada
In this preview of the Trending Jobs Report are jobs that show promise for growth according to Government of Canada projections.
- Computer network technician
- Financial auditor or accountant
- Human resources professional
- Natural resources mining, quarrying extraction or production worker including minerals, metals and forestry (Canada’s north and Atlantic Canada)
- Skilled trades professional including electrician, mechanic or plumber
Using a Career Development Loan to Advance Your Career
A Roadmap for Growing or Restarting Your Career in Canada
Seeing Debt Differently – A Windmill Coach Helps Newcomers Understand the Basics of Borrowing
Working in Canada | A 5-Step Approach
How Windmill can help you find success in a trending job
If you are a skilled immigrant or refugee looking to restart or grow your career in a trending job, Windmill can help. Windmill offers affordable loans to help you pay for credentials, re-training or upskilling you need.
We understand the unique challenges of settling in a new country and gaining the accreditation you need to work in your chosen field or a new one.
Windmill loans can be used for:
- Education and training programs of two years or less, including courses to help you advance your career
- Fees for licensing and qualifying exams
- Living allowance to support you during your training, licensing, or relocation
- Credentials assessments
- English or French language training
- Relocation costs for employment
- Travel expenses to take courses or exams not available in your area
- Books, course materials, and work equipment, and
- Professional association fees.
To learn more about an affordable Windmill microloan, click here.
To see if you are eligible for a Windmill loan, take our two-minute quiz: click here.
We hope this report helps you better understand the changing Canadian job landscape so you can navigate the future with confidence.
Windmill Microlending is Canada’s largest and most successful microlending charity for skilled immigrants and refugees. Windmill addresses underemployment of skilled newcomers by offering low-interest loans of up to $15,000 to pay for the credentials, licensing, retraining or professional development needed to achieve career success in Canada. By supporting newcomers across the country, Windmill is helping convert potential into prosperity, for our clients and for Canada. Windmill Microlending is a registered charity supported by donors, government, sponsors and granting agencies.