An International Education In Toronto
Northeastern University in Toronto, is offering students that chance to get an international education in Toronto. Their Master of Science programs, project management; information assurance and cybersecurity are designed to be the jumping off point to start a rewarding and meaningful career in Ontario.
Masters of Science in Information Assurance and Cyber Security in Toronto
- Northeastern University has been designated by the NSA and Homeland Security as a Center of Academic Excellence in IA/Cyber Defense, Cyber Operations, and IA Research.
- One of only two Masters programs in cybersecurity in Ontario
- On a full-time basis, the program can be completed in 16 months
- The program combines an understanding of information security technology with relevant knowledge from law, the social sciences, criminology, and management.
- Designed for working professionals and recent graduates who want knowledge that they can apply in their workplaces to assess and manage information security risks effectively.
- According to a Deloitte / TFSA report, the demand for cyber talent in Canada is increasing by 7 percent annually, with organizations needing to fill some 8,000 cybersecurity roles between 2016 and 2021.
- Cyber Security is a major emerging priority for the Canadian federal government. See here for details.
Masters of Science in Project Management in Toronto
- Only Masters in project management in Ontario
- On a full-time basis, the program can be completed in 15 months
- The Master of Science in Project Management degree program addresses every phase of project management. This includes project definition, cost and risk estimation, scheduling, budget management, negotiation and conflict resolution, and project presentation and evaluation.
- This program also draws on real-world case studies to demonstrate techniques and tools for managing long- and short-term projects successfully and economically. In addition to the core project management courses, the program offers specialization tracks that allow students to extend their knowledge in areas of their own choosing. Concentrations are as follows:
- Clinical Trial Design
- Construction Management
- Geographic Information Systems
- Information Security Management
- Leading and Managing Technical Projects
- Organizational Communication
- Agile Project Management
- Program and Portfolio Management
- Project Business Analysis
- In a 2013 report, the Conference Board of Canada ranked Project Management and Supervision #9 in a list of jobs that employers expect to have difficulty filling.
- Project Management Institute estimates that by 2020, 15.7 million new project management roles will be created globally.
If you’re interested in getting access to education that can set you apart from the competition, click here to learn more.